As part of my goal this year to blog at least once a week, I took a class on Skillshare about writing for self care to get prompt ideas. (And it also covers for this month’s Skillshare class goal, so yay me for checking things off my goal list).
I’m excited to do this challenge because it will help me keep up my writing and I’ll be able to give myself time for self love and reflection.
There are 6 prompts and I’ll post each one every Monday.
Click here if you want to check out Skillshare for free for two months.
And click here for this particular class if you want to try it too.
Anyway, here we go for the first prompt!
Part 1: Cultivate Joy
“We are each responsible for cultivating our own happiness”
What brings me joy:
- Having dinner with my family
- Seeing turtles sunbathe on the shore of the lake at the park
- Practicing yoga; the feeling of a good stretch and clearing my mind
- When I make and eat food that’s healthy for me
- Smelling flowers
- Listening to my favorite podcasts during my commute and walks
- Listening to my favorite music
- Having heart to heart talks with my sister
- Reading a good book
- Going to the movies
- Watching the Bachelor franchise with a glass of rose and then listening to a recap podcast about it the next day
- Comfy pajamas
- Cuddling up in a blanket
- Trying a new restaurant or food I’ve been eyeing
- Traveling to new and old favorite places
- Warming up with tea
- Indulging in a favorite sweet
- Clean sheets
- Being in my room
- Being creative in my bullet journal
- Going to the beach
- Seeing snow on the mountains
- Feeling the warm sun on my skin
- Sleeping in
- Creative writing
- Opening a new chapstick
- When my eyeshadow looks bomb AF, and I did it myself
- Going to get my eyebrows done
- Getting a pedicure
- Browsing through Michael’s craft store
- Gel pens!
- Trying a new recipe
- Watching cute dog videos
What brings you joy?